On mother's day we made a castle. it cost less than $100 and only took a few hours to make. It can me moved around the yard or even taken apart to move or store.
I bought 2 8 ft sections of premade fence. I cut one in half, the other one in a 5' and a 2' and a 1' section. I made sure the 2' section had 3 slats so we could make a window. for the window I cut the middle slat along the top cross board and long enough to connect the two remaining slats. I attached the 1' section to the 2' section with 2 5' 2x4 boards (they cut these at the store for me to make them easier to transport.) This left me with 2 4ft sections and 2 5 ft sections. I attatched them in a rectangle with 4" L brackets, 2 on each corner, one on the top and one on the bottom.
For the draw bridge I bought a 2' x 3 ft section of plywood and 2 2x2 boards that were 3' long. I attached it with T shaped door hinges. I drilled holes in both sides of the door and put metal eyes on the top. I used nylon rope and knotted both sides on the underside of the door.
I bought 2 8 ft sections of premade fence. I cut one in half, the other one in a 5' and a 2' and a 1' section. I made sure the 2' section had 3 slats so we could make a window. for the window I cut the middle slat along the top cross board and long enough to connect the two remaining slats. I attached the 1' section to the 2' section with 2 5' 2x4 boards (they cut these at the store for me to make them easier to transport.) This left me with 2 4ft sections and 2 5 ft sections. I attatched them in a rectangle with 4" L brackets, 2 on each corner, one on the top and one on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteFor the draw bridge I bought a 2' x 3 ft section of plywood and 2 2x2 boards that were 3' long. I attached it with T shaped door hinges. I drilled holes in both sides of the door and put metal eyes on the top. I used nylon rope and knotted both sides on the underside of the door.
ReplyDelete