Friday, February 6, 2009

Updates

Turns out we didn't have time to look for a new doctor. Tuesday night Grant came down with a nasty cough. Yesterday he developed a fever, which normally wouldn't alarm me except that at Grant's two week well baby visit the doctor said "I want you to come in immediately if he gets a fever between now and the next appointment. You can ignore symptoms in toddlers for a long time but not in babies this little" So I went in. We saw a different PA this time and I really like her. She seems competent and good with the kiddos. I will be requesting her in the future. Turns out Grant has RSV. Bad deal for him. He's doing OK except the pluggy nose makes it hard to eat and his mean mommy keeps suctioning his nose with the bulb syringe (I don't like it anymore than he does.) On the up side Grant weighs 11 pounds 6 ounces all ready. Grow baby grow!

1 comment:

  1. just an fyi...we go to DR LOPEZ apart of Hebron Pediatrics and LOVE her! I can always get in on a Sick visit usually same day...if not w/ her then one of the others
    473-8986
    good luck w/ the RSV...we had it here...Dane was 10 months w/ no wheezing, but still scary with such a little one.
    Humidifer was are best friend!

    ReplyDelete